Hello and Welcome!
Please follow one of the links below to access a
Stamford Excellence Pre-K through 4th Grade
Online Application for the 2018 - 2019 school year
This public charter school opened in the Fall of 2015 and is currently serving scholars in grades Pre-K through 3, growing to the 4th grade in Fall 2018. Stamford Excellence is a free public charter school, with admission open to all Stamford residents. If you have questions, please email email@example.com or call (203) 989-0000.
Welcome to Stamford Excellence!
We are a free Pre-K to 4th grade public charter school based on a proven, nationally-recognized school model, practiced by the Bronx Charter School for Excellence, that can boost student achievement and prepare more Stamford students for college and the jobs of tomorrow. SCSE offers another high performing academic option for families because we are the very first charter elementary school in Stamford!
Key Elements of Stamford Excellence:
1. High academic standards focused on preparing kids for college and jobs.
2. Extended school days
3. Broad liberal arts education that stresses teaching critical thinking skills
4. Data-driven instruction
5. Rigorous parent engagement
6. Open collaboration with the community
Helpful Charter School Facts:
- Charter schools are free, open-enrollment public schools that admit students via a blind lottery. They cannot and do not exclude students on the basis of their academic ability.
- They are managed by non-profits and subjects to government oversight. If they are mismanaged or do not perform, charters can be shut down by the state.
- State charter schools do not take funding away from the local school district in any way, shape or form - they are funded via a separate state grant.